Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Opening Note

I created this blog with the intent to discuss the most recent, and perhaps some historical, issues of International Security, such as: war, conflict prevention, post-conflict, peace-enforcement, peacekeeping, weapons control, terrorism, intelligence, and defense. International Security involves not only countries, but also other relevant international actors, for instance: United Nations Security Council, NGO’s, the European Union, religious leaders, etc. It incorporates International Law, UNSC resolutions, different cultures, morals and values, several religious principles and beliefs, historical facts, and a number of other factors specifically related to the question in hand.

International Security is the subject in the International Affairs' field, which I am most fond of. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them. I will try to expose my thoughts as clearly as possible, always taking into consideration the different ways of seeing the same issue. My intention is, therefore, to leave the doors opened to diverse opinions. I want you all to feel welcome to express your ideas, so that we have a pleasant academic-level discussion.


J. Arken

No comments: